Most people suffer loose or missing teeth at some point in their lives, which may or may not be painful. But this could put an end to your lovely smile for the time being. This is when you may begin to consider the various tooth replacement solutions available by a Dentist in Noida to help you reclaim your lost smile. Dental implants have been highly popular in recent years as a result of positive reviews and word-of-mouth marketing.
The best part about tooth implants is that they don’t restrict your meals as dentures do and you don’t have to replace them after every few years. If you’re on the verge regarding dental implant costs in Noida, keep in mind that this is an investment that can last a lifetime.
In this blog, you will get to know about the best parts of dental implants.
Things that occur when a tooth is lost
If you’re considering dental implants, there are a few things you should know about tooth loss.
- If you have a missing tooth, you’ll need a strong bite to maintain bone density, which deteriorates with time.
- The bone loss might result in teeth shifting. As a result, costly orthodontic treatments may be required, potentially leading to more tooth loss.
- A gap created by a missing tooth might serve as a breeding ground for bacteria. Plaque and tar form more quickly in the adjacent tooth as a result of this. As a result, the rate of tooth loss or decay rises.
Expectations when it comes to Tooth Implants
Dental implants are substantially more complicated than dentures or bridges. The many operations, such as gum disease therapy, bone grafting, and tooth extractions, add to the complexity.
- If only one lost tooth is being replaced, your dentist must ensure that there are no structural abnormalities in the jawline.
- X-rays and scans are used to examine the teeth and gums in the area. Treatments for gum disease are performed before implant placement.
- The dentist creates a personalised plan for recovering the tooth, including the cost and steps required to complete the procedure.
- The consulting process is the same whether an implant-supported bridge is used to replace numerous lost teeth or a full arch. The advantage of an arch is that you don’t have to implant each lost tooth separately. The implants are placed in the upper and lower jaws in such a way that the arch fits comfortably into the implant.
- In some circumstances, additional teeth may need to be extracted to make room for the arch. This is planned first, and then the implantation takes place after it has healed.
- Insufficient bone density necessitates bone grafting. Bone grafts can be made from different sections of the body or synthetic materials.
The procedure of dental implants
Dental implants take place in multiple steps.
- During your dental implants session, you will be offered local anaesthetic or IV sedation. A titanium screw forms the root of your new tooth.
- Dental implants take approximately 3-6 months to heal. The implants must integrate with the jaw bone during this time.
- The next step is to attach an abutment to the top of the dental implant. The objective of the abutment is to keep gum tissue from growing over the implant. Healing takes roughly 2-3 weeks after the abutment is installed.
- The customised restoration is placed to the implant during the last session, providing a natural-looking replacement for the missing tooth.
- A visit to the doctor should be scheduled 3-9 months after the replacement to ensure that everything looks normal.
Tooth implants vs Dentures
Tooth implants are initially more expensive than dentures, but as time goes on, you will realise that tooth implants are a lot more cost-effective choice. Furthermore, because the strength of biting and natural jawbone structure diminishes with time, dentures must be replaced every 5-7 years. The best part is that the titanium used in tooth implants is permanent, but the materials used in dentures are not.
Dental implants have shown to be a worthwhile investment in terms of both time and money. You must remember that for your dental implants to last as long as possible, you must take excellent care of them and practise good oral hygiene. All you have to do is brush them twice a day and maintain them clean! If you have any doubt about dental implants and the dental implant cost in Noida, you may contact Smile Avenue Centre clinic.