One of the leading causes of cancer-related fatalities globally is liver cancer. Hepatitis B and C viruses, alcohol usage, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, and other factors are the major causes of liver cancer. Unfortunately, liver cancer, like many other cancers, can go undiagnosed until it is advanced. It is frequently discovered during an ultrasound or CT scan for discomfort in the upper abdomen or another unrelated complaint. It can also occur in those who have already been diagnosed with liver cirrhosis. When Alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) is suspected, a simple blood test can be used to confirm its existence. A malignant tumor in the liver may develop as a result of secondary dissemination from another malignancy, most often in the large intestine. The first stage in creating a liver cancer treatment strategy is a comprehensive and precise cancer diagnosis. Hiranandani hospital Mumbai provides accurate diagnosis and treatment for Liver cancer and other types of cancers.
Types of liver cancer – Once you’ve been diagnosed with liver cancer, your doctor will work with you to establish the extent (stage) of the disease. They are staging tests that aid in determining the amount and location of cancer and whether or not it has spread. CT scans, MRIs, and bone scans are among the imaging procedures used to stage liver cancer.
Read Also: Does Mold Cause Cancer
Staging for liver cancer help in determining the type of cancer. The following are the forms of liver cancer that begin within the liver:
- Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is a cancer that affects hepatocyte cells—taking the form of a single or many tumor cells. Cirrhosis of the liver occurs when tumor cells proliferate uncontrollably.
- When compared to other kinds of liver cancer, fibrolamellar HCC can be efficiently treated.
- Angiosarcomas are rapidly developing tumor cells that are only discovered in their advanced stages.
- Cholangiocarcinoma begins in the bile ducts, which aid in the passage of bile fluids to the gallbladder.
- Hepatoblastoma is a rare cancer that typically affects children; it is treatable in its early stages and long-term treatments.
- Benign liver tumors are non-cancerous tumors that can be removed surgically.
Tumors that begin in the colon, lung, breast, pancreas, stomach, or other organs and travel to the liver via the bloodstream can also cause liver cancer. Hiranandani hospital Powai holds the best team of oncologists or surgeons that ensure the best liver cancer treatment.
Surgical treatment options for Liver cancer –
The treatment for liver cancer, like other cancer Treatments, varies from person to person based on the size, location of tumor cells, liver functioning, presence of cirrhosis, and stage of the disease. Surgical treatment for liver cancer usually is recommended when a patient is diagnosed with liver cancer at their initial stage. Also, cancer doctors use surgery treatment methods with the combination of another treatment method. Surgery treatment can perform in the following ways to treat liver cancer that includes:
Surgery to remove the tumor – If your tumor is tiny and your liver function is normal, your doctor may propose a procedure to remove cancer and a small amount of healthy liver tissue surrounding it.
The location of your cancer inside the liver, how well your liver works, and your general health all play a role in whether this is a choice for you.
Liver transplant surgery – Your damaged liver is removed during liver transplant surgery and replaced with a healthy liver from a donor. Only a tiny number of patients with early-stage liver cancer have the option of undergoing liver transplant surgery.
Choosing the best liver cancer hospital for liver transplant surgery – Hiranandani hospital Mumbai has a successful transplant program and treats both adult and pediatric patients with end-stage liver disease. Where they were also able to create a Deceased Donor Transplant Program. If you are feeling trouble in choosing Best Liver Transplant Hospital in India for Your Liver Transplant and HPB Surgery, you can consider the below factors before deciding –
- Team of Specialists – The hospital should have a team of oncologists who are experts in treating end-stage liver cancer illnesses using sophisticated treatment techniques. The team must include well-known doctors and surgeons in the fields of liver and biliary surgery for both pediatric and adult patients. The Department of Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation at Hiranandani hospital Powai, Mumbai, includes surgeons, gastroenterologists, medical and radiation oncologists, intensive care specialists, anesthetists, technicians, counselors, and specialized nurses.
- Robotic Surgical Platform – The hospital should be experienced in employing the robotic surgical platform for liver transplants and HPB surgery. Choose a facility that performs different liver and HPB operations using the cutting-edge da Vinci surgical system. Hiranandani hospital Mumbai ensures cutting-edge technology-based liver cancer treatment for the patients.
- Modular Operation Theatres – Look for liver transplant facilities that offer modular operating rooms that meet international standards. The operating rooms must be outfitted with cutting-edge equipment and modern monitoring systems to help surgeons execute precise liver and HPB operations.
Also, the hospital must provide proper end-to-end assistance after the elimination or total eradication during treatment for liver cancer. There is a probability and risk that cancer can return, although this is a typical fear for people who have had cancer. You must receive adequate follow-up treatment from the doctor, including checkups and testing.
You can check a list of the best liver cancer hospital in India that provide high-quality care at a reasonable cost on Credihealth. The online healthcare platform assists individuals in finding or booking an appointment with the best cancer doctors associated with Hiranandani hospital Powai based on the patient’s needs. You may select a doctor specializing in treating a certain condition by reviewing relevant information such as ratings, ratings, overall experience, pricing comparison, OPD Hours, treatment options, credibility, and many more. You may also seek a second opinion or consultation from Credihealth’s in-house medical specialists by dialing 8010-994-994.