Quickbooks has become one of the best accounting software and has made accounting easier for a lot of firms. But, it can not be denied that you can still face errors while using the application. In this post, we have discussed one such error: Quickbooks error 83. This Quickbooks error 6000 83 is a common 6000 series error that causes issues to your company file. You will have to resolve the error as soon as you encounter the error because it can be harmful to your system. We have provided you with the causes and solutions for this error in this post. Check out the Quick fixes for Quickbooks error 83.
Reasons for Quickbooks Error 6000 83
Different reasons can contribute to the occurrence of Quickbooks error 6000 83. Check out some of the common reasons.
- There are chances that the Quickbooks files are not present in the system.
- The server may not have sufficient permissions.
- Also, there may be insufficient permissions provided to the windows user.
- In case you are attempting to open and convert your company file using an outdated Quickbooks version.
- Next, you can face an error because your company file is damaged.
- You may have enabled the hosting mode on different systems.
- Lastly, you can face the error if you are not using the Canadian or US version of Windows.
Signs of Quickbooks Error 83
Now, in this section, we have explained some symptoms that you need to look for to identify the error. They are as follows:
- Whenever the error code will appear on the screen, your active program will crash.
- The error message keeps displaying on the system.
- Next, there are chances that the Quickbooks application has started freezing.
- Next, the applications installed on the system may respond slowly to the user inputs.
Methods to Fix Quickbooks Error 6000 83
You may have to use more than one method to fix the Quickbooks error 83. Below we have mentioned different methods and also, all the relevant steps that you need to follow.
Method 1: Run Quickbooks File Doctor
The Quickbooks file doctor tool is designed to detect and fix different company file and network issues automatically. You can download the tool individually or use it through the Quickbooks tool hub. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you will have to get a Quickbooks tool hub on your system, and then you will have to carry out the installation process. For this, accept all the terms and conditions and follow the instructions appearing on the screen.
- When done, in the tool window, you will have to click on the company file issues option.
- Next, you will have to choose to run Quickbooks file doctor on the window.
- Wait for the tool to load and then you need to choose the file. Also, you can click on the Browse option to choose a file.
- After this, you will have to click on the option to check the file.
- In the next window, you will have to enter your credentials and then click on the Next button.
- Now, you will have to wait till the scan completes.
- In the end, start Quickbooks and check if the error is resolved.
Method 2: Verifying the Backup File’s Name
Now, to avoid any errors, you will have to make sure that the name of the backup file is correct. To fix the error, check the name of the backup file. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you need to click on the start option.
- Next, you will have to enter File explorer in the search box.
- After this, you will have to find the folder in which you have stored your company file and open it.
- Now, you will have to find the file having a qbb extension.
- You will now have to right-click on it and then choose to rename the file.
- Next, you will have to check if any unwanted character is present in the name. if there is any, you will have to remove it from the system.
- You will then have to delete the special characters in the name.
- In the end, you will have to restore your company file.
Method 3: End Quickbooks Processes
The next method that you need to follow is to end the Quickbooks processes running on the system. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you will have to sign in to the system as an admin.
- Next, you need to press the CTRL key, Shift key, and ESC key together. The task manager will open on the screen.
- Now, you will have to click on the Users option and then choose show processes.
- After this, you will have to look for the processes related to Quickbooks like QBW32.exe, QBupdate.exe. Click on them and choose to end the task.
- Now, you will have to open the company in the multi-user mode.
- Also read: Quickbooks error 6189 and 816
This is it. These were all the causes and solutions of Quickbooks error 83. In case the error persists after following the methods mentioned above, you can seek technical help.