Acne scars are permanent changes that occur on the skin texture as a result of acne. It’s like a serious trauma to the skin. Many external factors can contribute to this. Picking acne can seriously traumatize lesions, resulting in scars. These scars can be very stubborn and different kinds of scars need different kinds of treatments.
What causes acne?
Bacteria, oils, and dead skin cells can fill and inflame skin pores, this causes the growth of acne pimples. Pores are tiny openings in the skin through which the skin breathes. Pores excrete oils and sweat from the surface of the skin. Your skin sheds around 40000 dead cells in an hour, sometimes they get stuck in the pores and might clog them. These clogged pores turn into white and blackheads, and when inflamed they lead to different kinds of acne.
Are acne scars Normal?
If you are suffering from acne problems, you are not the only one. Acne is common, in fact, one of the most common skin problems around the globe. Around 80% of people, from the ages 11 to 30 will have acne at some point in their lives. It’s just that in some cases acne can leave serious scars, which are also found normally in people. What causes acne in teenagers are the changing hormones, whilst in adults, acne can be caused by stress, menstrual cycles, environment, and birth control pills along with many other triggers.
The scars caused by acne are of different types. Those can be distinguished quite easily. If they are red, firm, and in the form of bumps slightly raised from the surface, then they are keloids or hypertrophic acne scars. If they are sunken into the skin or in an inward direction like little holes then they are atrophic scars. Then there are broad scars which can be boxcar scars or rolling scars and small pits scars. Acne scars occur, where once a pimple was, that’s why they are not difficult to identify.
Do acne scars go away?
Acne scars can be very stubborn. If you have severe acne scars, for improving your skin you will have to undergo several treatments or approaches. Some kinds of scars, atrophic which are like post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, might go away with a little time. A few weeks or months, depending on how fast your skin heals itself. They can take years to disappear in some cases, that’s also because of your skin type and the severity of your acne.
Generally, however acne scars don’t go away by themselves or with home remedies. You will have to consult your dermatologist for even skin. Acne Scar Treatment in Islamabad.
Do acne scars fade with home remedies?
Acne scars are the result of acne. They severely damage the skin and its texture. The skin loses its smoothness. In most cases, acne scars will not fade away on their own. It’s difficult for home remedies to be of any help if the scars are too serious. Even treatments done at home with chemical exfoliants can be useless. In such cases, for a true acne scar riddance, you will need professional treatment for smooth textured skin. Innovative technology in skin treatment methods is now very effective. It allows you to stimulate the natural collagen in your skin and encourage the skin to repair and heal itself.
How do you prevent scars caused by acne?
The first thing you can do to prevent acne scars is to have a good skincare routine. Secondly, a good and healthy diet can keep you fit from within because your skin is a normal organ like every other organ that needs to be healthy to function well and appear better. The most important thing is to never ignore acne even if it’s mild. Make sure to treat acne on time. If the acne is mild, start with creams and face washes that have ingredients that fight acne. If all of these don’t work and your acne seems to be increasing then you should go see a certified dermatologist as soon as possible. Try not to touch acne in any case.
Some solutions to fight acne:
- Caring for your skin at home. You should follow a proper skincare routine. Apply sunscreen so that the contrast between the unscarred and scarred skin is not too much. Apply medicinal creams on your acne or acne scar. Wash your face with face washes that have anti-acne ingredients.
- You can go for the soft tissue fillers. If your acne scars are severe and you want to be rid of them. In this treatment, collagen, fat, or other substances are injected into the skin, with the goal to make the acne less visible. The results of this treatment are temporary and to continue the effects, you need repeated treatments. The risk of changes in skin color is minimum in this treatment.
- Then there are steroid injections. These injections can help in improving the appearance of the skin.
- Laser resurfacing is another approach to improving acne scars. It is becoming increasingly popular. However, people with dark skin tones have side effects.
- Then comes dermabrasion which is usually a procedure that is reserved for more serious scarring. In this treatment, your skin specialist removes the upper layer of the skin with a device that has a rapidly rotating brush. The scars that lie on the surface are removed and the ones that are deeper may become less noticeable. The treatment has many possible side effects, those can rarely be scarring and skin discoloration.
- There are many other acne scar treatments, that are skin needling, chemical peeling, etc. Then there is onabotulinumtoxinA, normally called botox. Injecting a botox relaxes the surrounding skin around the acne scars. This improves how the scar appears. The results of it are temporary hence repeated treatments are required to keep the effect. You can now get botox in Islamabad.
- The last option might be surgery. You can undergo cosmetic surgery to change your skin. This is the treatment with the most prominent and prolonged results.