Fortinet management and analytics enable on-premises, cloud, and hybrid settings with powerful and simple network orchestration, automation, and response. Get certified with a Fortinet training course for enhancing your career opportunities and develop your Fortinet skills by learning the concepts like FortiAnalyzer, FortiManager, and NSE-4.
Once-reliable tools have become old and useless as enterprise networks expand and alter as a result of digital transformation. Despite this, many are still used in conjunction with newer technology stacks, resulting in a complex environment that does not work together. Enterprises use an average of 75 separate vendor solutions with no unified threat intelligence, posing a cybersecurity challenge that is often exacerbated by a shortage of experienced cybersecurity people to administer these networks.
Simplified network orchestration, automation, and response aid in the consolidation of complicated point products and is interoperable with all Security Fabric-ready partners and Fortinet solutions.
Fortinet Security Management in the Cloud
Enterprise networks are progressively adopting public cloud computing as they adapt to suit digital transformation ambitions. Many firms continue to use analytics technologies and old security management, despite the fact that they are worthless when compared to modern cloud-based security solutions.
Fortinet Analytics and Security Management, which consists of three security solutions (FortiSIEM, FortiAnalyzer, and FortiManager), may be installed in the cloud, whether public or private, allowing enterprises to benefit from the cloud’s size, flexibility, and agility. Across the whole branch offices, endpoints, network—cloud, and on-premises — this comprehensive solution provides centralized controls and actionable insight.
Complicated Security Management in the Cloud
As cloud adoption has numerous benefits, such as lower total cost ownership (TCO), quick deployment, agility, and scalability, it even adds security management complexity.
In reality, most businesses have found that shifting to the cloud has added to their security management load. Since transitioning to the cloud, more than half (55%) of respondents say they’ve used additional management tools, with some tasks requiring multiple tools. Furthermore, more than half (53%) say they are spending more time on management responsibilities than they have in the past. Nonintegrated management solutions will bring further anguish to already overworked security teams, whether they’re trying to breathe new life into historical management systems or introducing new disparate tools.
Management and Analytics based on Virtual Machines
FortiManager VM, FortiAnalyzer VM, and FortiSIEM VM work together to provide enterprises with a cloud-based platform that streamlines management and analytics while providing clear visibility and centralized controlling of both on-premises and cloud assets.
This combination provides a security operations center (SOC) and network operations center (NOC) with an analytics toolset and integrated management, allowing for improved visibility into security operations. Fortinet Analytics and Security Management provide a single point of control, compliance with best practices, and extensive analytics.
Use Cases in Analytics and Management
The three most common use cases for Fortinet’s cloud-based Analytics and Security Management are as follows:
- Centralized visibility and security management
It aids in the consolidation and simplification of the management of segregated point security solutions, which are frequently managed in separate silos. This obscures visibility across deployments in the on-premises, private cloud, and public cloud. By simplifying and automating network monitoring and device deployment, you can reduce security threats and operational complexity.
- Compliance and audit tracking and reporting
- It will Simplify regulatory compliance and security standards adherence. The traditionally hard and laborious chore of regulatory and security compliance
- May now be completed swiftly and easily due to comprehensive, automation reporting and compliance reports that are prebuilt in hundreds.
- Rapid response
It aids businesses in increasing operational efficiencies and lowering security risks. Furthermore, enterprises can keep well ahead of advanced threats by employing a network-aware SOC.
Understanding the Components of a Solution
- Fortinet Analytics and Security Management have three components that can be deployed in both public and private clouds.
- Organizations may take advantage of the scalability inherent and Infrastructure for the public
- Cloud globalization with native integration in all of the top public cloud platforms.
- such as Cloud Platform of Google, Oracle Cloud, AWS, and Microsoft Azure.
- Integration of security disciplines, rather than just products, allows for more operational, control, and visibility management.
- To bring the operational context of the NOC and the security insights of the SOC together, Fortinet Analytics
- Security Management integrates the capabilities of FortiSIEM VM, FortiAnalyzer VM, and FortiManager VM.
- SOC insights include breach detection, preventing data exfiltration, and uncovering infected hosts, while NOC context includes application availability, network performance, and appliance status.
FortiManager Virtual Machine
On SDN platforms and most hypervisors (pertaining to private clouds), it operates and controls Fortinet NGFWs. It offers comprehensive, end-to-end security across the expanded enterprise through a single glass management system pane. It also provides visibility into traffic on the network and has enterprise-level threat containment features.
FortiAnalyzer Virtual Machine
It not only provides important threat intelligence to enterprises, but it also appropriately scopes risk throughout the attack surface. It also provides automatic threat responses for mitigation in near real-time.
FortiSIEM Virtual Machine
- FortiSIEM VM is a scalable solution that integrates with the Security Fabric from Fortinet
- To provide remediation, automatic response, and transparent visibility across all security aspects. The FortiSIEM VM integrates NOC-SOC analytics across all network vendors.
Cloud-based security management and analytics
- By installing analytics systems and management of global security and centralized.
- Security firms may take advantage of leading cloud infrastructure providers’ global presence.
- Organizations can have cloud-based analytics and security management solutions using FortiSIEM VM, FortiAnalytics VM, and FortiManager VM. Scalability, elasticity, and Quick deployment are all features that businesses desire in cloud computing.
- It also provides effective management and a significant reduction in complexity.
With this article, you have now successfully learned various aspects of security management and analytics along with use cases and solution components.