QuickBooks users can easily cancel their payroll subscription if they intend to close their business. The cancellation process should be taken place with a proper method. The below article will round up the terms and conditions required for canceling the QuickBooks payroll subscription.
When is QuickBooks payroll subscription cancellation required?
The cancellation of QuickBooks Payroll subscription is needed in several scenarios like when they decide to close the business and have no need to process an employee’s payment.
How to Cancel QB Payroll Subscription?
QuickBooks users can cancel QuickBooks Payroll Subscription by following the below-given steps.
Step1- Prepare the Final Payroll Tasks:
Ensure that you have prepared the final payroll operations before canceling the QB Payroll service. Here are the steps to make sure:
- Firstly complete the final payroll procedure
- Start printing the essential payroll reports
- Now pay outstanding tax deposits
- File any outstanding annual report or quarterly forms
- Check you can start the cancelation of the QB Payroll subscription
Step 2- Cancel the QB payroll service:
Once you have given several methods for different product services. Select the payroll service type and then follow the cancellation procedure.
- Locate the Settings option
- Select Accounts & Settings tab
- Click tab named Billing & Subscription
- Choose Payroll button
- Click Cancel tab
- Make sure you fill out the cancellation form
You need to know a few points before canceling QB online payroll subscription:
- Login QuickBooks as an admin mode to locate the Billing & Subscription tab
- You can contact the third party service to cancel the QB payroll subscription
- If QB pays the payroll tax payments then leave the field named bank account blank till the tax liabilities and QB debits payment
- Once all the liabilities get paid then QuickBooks notify you through an email in 3 days
Cancelling QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assistant Service:
- Firstly complete the Online certification form
- After this QuickBooks send you a confirmation mail
- The system will verify the cancellation request
- And after verification, you will get another email to precede the cancellation procedure
Canceling QuickBooks payroll through Company file:
It is a pretty simple process. Here is the list of steps to access the QB company file to cancel the subscription:
- Locate Employee button
- Choose My Payroll service tab
- Click the Account/Billing info option
- Now login to the Intuit Account to display the account portal window
- Hit the Cancel Service tab
- Next, follow the prompted instructions to cancel the payroll service
- Canceling Payroll subscription using Intuit Account:
- First login to the Intuit Account
- Choose the option named Details from the Products & Services option
- It will show the payroll subscription status
- Now choose the Cancel Service tab
- Follow the instructions on the screen to cancel the payroll service
Here the article completes! Hopefully, now you are aware of the cancellation of the QuickBooks payroll subscription. If still you are confused and need to clear the doubts regarding the post then you can visit our website for a detailed guide.
Note: QuickBooks Payroll service does not work with QuickBooks Mac. Mac users use Intuit Online Payroll as their payroll add-on. As a standalone software, Intuit Online Payroll only exports transactions to QuickBooks Desktop and Quickbooks Online (without Quickbooks Online Payroll).