Summary: This blog will guide you on how to convert Outlook for Mac to PST file format. Here we will discuss the top two methods i.e.manual method and automated OLM to PST Converter Tool. At the end of the blog, you can select any method that meets your needs.
Using an email client is fairly practiced in the profession. Files such as OLM and PST are used to keep a record of emails intact. These file types are based on Microsoft Outlook users, but there are differences. Outlook for Windows saves data to his PST file when configured with a POP3 account. Outlook for Mac store data in OLM format. However, Mac users may have expressed concerns about the file’s executables.
To combat this, users usually look for competitive methods to convert Mac Outlook OLM to PST file format. In this blog, we’ll explain the proper method to accomplish this task. After OLM file conversion, it is easy for the users to import OLM to Windows Outlook 2021 and other editions.
What are the Main Reasons to Convert Mac Outlook to PST
OLM files have restricted access across devices. Windows devices do not support these files, so you will need to convert these files to other suitable formats. Before getting into the proper technique to convert Outlook for Mac to PST, this part will discuss the basic reasons behind such actions.
- All users who switch their system from Mac to Windows should convert their OLM files to PST. This is the only way previous email client data can be manipulated across Windows devices.
- In an emergency where a user has access to a Windows device, the OLM file should be converted to his PST.
- Data recovery from leftover OLM files can be done by conversion.
Manually Convert Outlook for Mac to PST File
As explained above, OLM files are not accessible from the device. Since this case is consistent with the existing Mac Outlook data file to PST conversion method, no solution is found to perform this process. Until now, the conversion could only be covered by a single method without third-party tools. For more information on how to do this, you should check the detailed steps below.
A complete conversion includes four major directions in the form of steps. To fully understand the manual method, you should understand that it contains all the tools you need for this purpose. See below to understand the manual approach to convert OLM to PST.
Step 1. Configure Gmail via Outlook
- To set up your account, you need to sign in or register with Gmail. Once created or logged in, go to View All Settings from the gear icon and find the Enable IMAP option under the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. After powering on, you need to click “Save” to save the changes.
- After setting up Gmail, go to Microsoft Outlook for Mac and find the Settings option for your device. Click Accounts, then click the + icon to create a new account in your email client.
- Now, enter your Gmail account address followed by the password for that account. Click the Add Account button and log into your Gmail account. Click Next on the next screen to configure this account in Outlook.
- To successfully complete the connection between your accounts, you will be redirected to your browser to sign via the Gmail account provided by Outlook for Mac. Click Sign in to Google and re-enter your credentials to verify your account details. Click the Allow button to confirm your settings.
- Finally, you will be asked to redirect to Outlook for verification. Click the Open Microsoft Outlook button to continue and click the Finish button to configure your Gmail account in Outlook for Mac.
Step 2. Import the OLM file into your New Account
- You will export OLM files from your Outlook account via Mac. Go to the “File” tab in the top menu of the screen and select “Import” from the pop-up menu.
- Three different options are provided to import Outlook data where you need to select the “OLM” option. After selecting, tap the “Next” button.
- Now you need to browse and find the OLM file on your Mac drive. After selecting the Outlook OLM file, you need to tap the Import button.
Step 3. Configure Gmail in Windows Outlook
- Firstly, launch Microsoft Outlook on your Windows device, go to the File tab and go to Add Account option. Enter the Gmail address configured on your Mac device and click Connect.
- You will be redirected to your browser to sign in to your Google account and verify your credentials. Enter your account information and click the “Login” button.
- To allow Outlook to configure Gmail cross-platform, click Allow and return to the Outlook screen. Click Done to finish adding the account.
Step 4. Export PST file from Windows Outlook
- Go to the “File” tab and find the “Open and Export” option in the left column. Click Import/Export to open a window.
- On the next screen, you need to find and select the “Export to File” option. Click Next to continue.
In the next window, select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
- Then select all mailbox files and folders that you want to export via PST file. Click Next and navigate to the PST file location on the next screen. Click Finish to complete the convert Mac Outlook to PST file process.
Professional Solution to Convert Outlook for Mac to PST
Yota OLM file to PST Converter is a quick and most secure way to convert Mac Outlook OLM to PST without Outlook installation. It allows you to export Outlook for Mac emails, contacts, calendars, and other items to PST file format.
The software is easy to use and gives you a 100% guarantee of complete accurate conversion. Moreover, it does not have any size limitations, users can convert large OLM files with this tool.
It is compatible with Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, and other earlier versions. Plus it can be installed on both 32-bit and 64-bit machines.
Steps to Convert OLM to PST Without Outlook are as follows;
Step 1. Run Yota OLM Converter and add Mac Outlook OLM file.
Step 2. Click Export and select PST from the multiple file formats.
Step 3. Lastly, set a destination to store PST and hit the Save button.
This blog provided users with suitable methods to convert Outlook for Mac to PST. With these methods, you can always easily move your Outlook email client from Mac to Windows. Tools like Yota OLM Converter make it easier.
Read More: The Benefits of Chat Support on Your Website