An OST (offline Storage Table) is a Microsoft Outlook Database. It has a copy of every offline Outlook data, also a synchronised copy, and it is stored in your mailbox on your local computer. Users can also work offline whenever the user connects to the internet, then the data will automatically sync to the Outlook.
The Exchange offline folder (.ost) file is a duplicate of the mailbox on the Exchange Server that may be accessed locally and offline. The OST file is called orphaned when the server mailbox is not available permanently.
How to Open an .ost File
There is no manual method available using which a user can open its orphan .ost file. If the user wants to see their file, then they should look for a third party solution to open the orphan OST file and save it into PST format.
.Ost to .Pst Converter – A Guaranteed Solution
SysTools OST to PST Converter tool is capable enough to open the orphaned OST file and save it into PST. It is an efficient and error-free solution to open OST file and save in outlook PST format.
Working Steps to Transfer OST to PST File
- Download OST to PST converter and open the application.
- Then go to “add file” available on the left corner of the application screen.
- In the Next screen, select either Search File or Select File and then, click on the “…” button to browse the file.
- Choose from the available OST files and the path of the selected file will be shown in the interface.
- Click on the Add button to move further.
- Users can preview all the OST files in software like normal mail view, hex, attachments, RTF,HTML etc.
- Now user can select either Export or Export Selected to migrate their OST Emails.
- After that application will ask the Export Type and click on the PST File.
- Then users can also add some Advanced Settings like PST split option, date range, start date and end date, categories, and after filling in all the columns, click Save.
- Click the “browse” button, then create a folder where the user wants to save their PST file, then click the “Export” button.
- After exporting, the user can view the Export Save Report as it will show the success count or failure count and click “ Save Button”.
- And finally, the user is able to see their PST file.
How to Import .pst file to Outlook
- Open Outlook, then click “File”, which is in the left corner of the screen.
- Then click Import and Export.
- After that, click on import from another program or file. Click “Next”.
- Click on the Outlook data file (.pst)
- Next,browse the file that the user wants to import. Then, click the options which are given below.
- Then click “Finish”. And now the user can see the file and save it to Outlook.
This is how you can view your OST file and save it to PST File.
This blog resolves the query of how to Open the Orphan OST file and save it into PST using the best available method. Users can avail the free demo version of the tool to get the better understanding of the OST to PST Converter software