How to resolve Sage error 40960
Sage is a main solution for dealing with business-associated activities and gives many functions and functionalities. However, users might also additionally face exceptional error codes whilst gaining access to the Sage. Today we’re writing approximately one such error “Sage Error 40960” that’s associated with Sage 300 and acting because of incorrect DNS settings.
Causes of Sage error 40960:
Please follow the mention steps:
- Open the 32 bit DSN setting.
- Click on the DSN used by sage 300
- Click configures.
- Complete the configuration of the DSN by referring to the correct settings.
- Now click on save.
Steps to fix Sage Error Code 40960
Step 1: Check DNS Settings:
- First, run 32-bit DSN Settings.
- Then choose DSN the usage of Sage 300.
- Then click on Configure and accurate all DSN settings.
- Finally, choose Save.
Step 2Fix the Connection Issue:
- Firstly, flip off the firewall and take a look at if the Sage 40960 error is fixed.
- If the problem is resolved, select Advanced Settings for Windows Firewall.
- After that, choose the Incoming Traffic Rule and create a brand new rule for the port thru which Sage connects to the database.
- Follow the identical steps for outgoing rules.
- Finally, save the call and description.
When you open up a company database
To resolve the issue:
- Find window then Start menu>select start>All programs>Administrative tools>OBDC data sources.
- Select the system DSN tab.
- Select by identifying the OBDC connection.
- Click configures then copy all the settings as you need to recreate this connection OBDC connection.
- For deleting the OBDC connection click on Remove.
- Click Add and recreate the OBDC connection.
- Save changes.
By following the referred to steps, you’ll be capable to resolve Sage error 40960. However, if the error still persists, then you could chat with our Sage Live Chat Support and get immediate support. They are available 24*7 available for your support.
Related Article: How to fix sage 50 error 1608.