Content subscription businesses are making humongous profits in 2021. Guess which the most lucrative platform among those is. It is none other than OnlyFans. Almost 5 years since its launch in the market, the London-based tech giant has grown from a small player to a big shot. Celebrities, film stars, models, and performing artists are monetizing their photos and videos easily on the online platform. Likewise, users are paying monthly subscription plans to watch their favorite personalities in action. Entrepreneurs can also strike big in the market by coming out with an OnlyFans clone.
What is some interesting information about OnlyFans?
- The 4 major sources of revenue for the British content subscription service are subscription packages, sale of merchandise, partnership with different brands, and transaction processing charges.
- OnlyFans has a robust financial position. It has a cash flow of around $620 million this year.
- The London-headquartered platform has more than 150 million users. Since its emergence in 2016, 2 million content creators have pocketed $5 billion in cumulative earnings.
Know the step-by-step process to create an OnlyFans Clone
Understanding the business needs of entrepreneurs – Techpreneurs will decide the operational scope of their content subscription platform. They would have to figure out the market and target audience they are focusing on. This leads to clarity regarding the business plan.
Complying with different laws – There are numerous regulations to be followed by digipreneurs while operating a content subscription business. Accordingly, laws such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), 2018 Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), 1998, and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), 2016. Hence, this ensures the confidentiality of user data and also restricts unauthorized sharing of their personal information.
Developing the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) – A basic prototype of the OnlyFans clone platform is created. It contains basic features like an admin dashboard, a live streaming option, an online store, payment gateways, a referral program, a social media login mechanism, and a 24×7 help centre.
Adding all the needed functionalities – The testing for the MVP is done in separate conditions amongst a small user base.
Testing the performance of the web application – All aspects of the OnlyFans like platform are scrutinized. Rigorous testing is done regarding privacy and security checks. A skilled team of developers removes all the bugs and vulnerabilities from the content subscription service. Hence, users across the globe will benefit from a glitch-free streaming experience.
Launching the content subscription platform – The final version of the OnlyFans like application is released in the market at the right time.
Unravelling the features of the OnlyFans Clone Platform
- Post Scheduling mechanism – Artists can flexibly manage their busy schedule. A platform similar to OnlyFans enables content creators to schedule their stories in advance. They will save lots of time by using this functionality.
- Poll Sharing facility – Wish to drive opinion your way? Here is an option to do that. Actors and stars can start polls with ease on an OnlyFans clone. They can type out questions and keep the survey open for a certain period. Based on the responses received from their fans, they can see the different viewpoints.
- Social network login option – Craving to watch the content of popular stars instantly? Yes, it is possible! Netizens can sync their social media accounts like Facebook, Google, and Twitter.
- Online Store – Want to combine the power of e-commerce in an OnlyFans clone? Of course, it is viable. Customers can purchase branded merchandise, home and living essentials, and lifestyle products from the digital platform.
- Numerous payment gateways – Cybernauts can buy monthly subscription plans of acclaimed artists. They can link their credit and debit cards like Discover, Japan Credit Bureau, Mastercard, Visa, and mobile wallets like Apple Pay, Google Pay, and PayPal. Further, they will know their transaction history.
- Real-time chat option – Personalization is the biggest strength of the OnlyFans clone platform. Users can directly interact with popular personalities via the live chat facility. They can send emojis, GIFs, text messages and also get access to behind-the-scenes videos and rare photos.
- Stats dashboard – Celebrities and influencers have one thing in common! Guess what? They need fame. Therefore, an OnlyFans clone platform shares real-time information about the popularity of content creators. Artists will know the number of comments, followers, impressions, likes, shares, and views. Moreover, content developers will receive real-time information about the traffic they get over a period.
What is the cost of creating an OnlyFans Clone Platform?
The budget of developing a platform like OnlyFans depends on numerous aspects. It relies on countless aspects like the choice of features and functionalities, hourly salaries paid to the web designers and marketing specialists, the level of customization needed by entrepreneurs, the type of frameworks and technologies used for front-end and back-end development.
Moreover, an app creation enterprise will offer post-launch services. Techpreneurs can make use of solutions related to API integration, the addition of fiat payment gateways, legal compliance, maintenance of the web application, and software upgradation.
Entrepreneurs need to keep both content creators and users in good spirits. Likewise, they can hire a technical support team for handling queries from performing artists and premium members.
OnlyFans is truly a blockbuster in the digital era. It is continuously expanding its user base despite heavy competition in the market. With the British platform slowly focussing on mainstream media content, it would gain more traction. As famous persons continue to flock to OnlyFans, entrepreneurs can take a step forward now. They can partner with an app development company, create an outstanding OnlyFans clone, and leap ahead of other challengers in the digital content subscription sector.