Mandukasana is also called ‘Frog Pose’ in English. Actually, after doing this asana, the person’s body becomes in the shape of a frog. Doing Mandukasana not only strengthens the abdominal muscles but also gets rid of belly fat. It also gives relief from indigestion. However, there are many other benefits of Mandukasana. This is a very basic asana that everyone can do. If you have just started doing yoga then you can easily do this yoga asana.
Method of Mandaukasana:
Mandukasana is performed in two ways. The first method of Mandukasana is as follows, let us know:-
- First of all, lay the seat of a yoga mat or blanket on flat ground.
- Then sit in Vajrasana.
- Slowly separate the knees and join the toes together.
- Now keeping your hands and palms touching the ground, keep them in front or beside the knees.
- Keeping the spine and head straight, keep it straight.
- Let the breathing go at a natural pace.
- Stay in this position for 8-10 seconds.
- Do not keep both hands side by side in this position.
- Make fists of both hands and keep them near the navel.
- Now while pressing them, bend forward and look towards the front.
- Breathing – When bending forward, exhale and after coming back to the original position, breathe normally.
Benefits of Mandaukasana:
The benefits of Mandukasana are incomparable. It affects every part of the body. Let us know its benefits:-
- Mandukasana heals our digestive system.
- Due to this, diseases like foul smells arising inside the stomach are destroyed.
- To prevent bending back in old age.
- This asana is very beneficial for the reproductive system of women.
- Reduces unnecessary fat of thigh, buttocks, and abdomen.
Which asana should be done before Mandukasana?
It is not necessary that you have to do any asana before Mandukasana. You can also do this as a first asana.
Note- Before doing this, you can do a little stretching if you want, but it is not necessary.
Precautions of Mandaukasana:
Who should not do Mandukasana? Let us know its precautions:-
By the way, this is a very simple and useful asana. Everybody can do it. But pregnant women should not do it. Those who have more pain in their back should also not do it. If there has been any other operation related to the stomach then those people should not do it too.
How many times and what time should be the sequence of Mandukasana?
- See, if you are doing this asana with external Kumbhaka, then stop for 5-10 seconds and do only one set.
- Yes, if you are doing this asana with regular breathing, then you can do 3 sets and stop according to your capacity.
I believe that every human should do yoga, for which you can start with an easy and useful Mandukasana. Along with this, if you do Ustrasana and Bhujangasana, then it will be very beneficial for you.
If you want to keep your body healthy as well as willing to learn different types of yoga then you can learn 200 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India.