A screenshot shows you exactly what is on your screen. Additionally, you can store and even preserve screenshots in case you need to show your colleagues a page edit or if you need something from the internet during a video call. Many laptops and computers are in use today, and most people are familiar with HP laptops, tablets, desktop computers, printers, etc. HP is the most commonly used technology companies worldwide. Although there are some functions you may not be familiar with, such as printing the screen on an HP laptop with Windows 10. So, if you do not know how to print screen on HP laptop Windows 10 and Windows 7, this blog will share with you some quick methods to capture the screen.
Methods to Take Screenshot on HP Laptop
Several ways are available for taking a screenshot on your HP laptop. Your laptop model may differ, but the techniques below will work on every type. Here are some of the easiest.
Screenshot on HP with default PrtSc key
All HP laptops run Windows or Chrome as the operating system. You can easily print a screen by pressing the PrtSc key on your laptop’s keyboard. If you are unable to find the key and exploring for where is print screen button on HP laptop, then it is on the right corner of the keyboard, next to the delete key.
Screenshot on HP with Snipping Tool
- Nevertheless, which Windows version you are running, you can search for ‘Snipping Tool’ using the ‘Start’ button or press ‘Win + R ‘to open ‘Run’ and enter ‘Snipping Tool.’
- The ‘Snipping Tool’ on an HP laptop allows you to select a snip from the drop-down menu of the ‘Mode’ button. After selecting a snip, the desktop will turn gray so you can take a screenshot.
- Alternatively, you can use the ‘New’ or ‘Ctrl + N’ combination keys to start the snipping process. Next, drag the cursor to make a rectangular outline of the desired area, and then save it to your HP laptop as a ‘JPG’ or ‘PNG’ file. So, this is how to print screen on HP laptop without print screen button. Follow the above steps carefully and take a screen shot.
Screenshot on HP with Snip & Sketch
The other method is to use Snip & Sketch, which allows you to take full-screen screenshots or parts of the HP computer screen if you are looking for how do you print screen on HP laptop without using print screen key.
- By pressing the combination shortcut of Windows + Shift + S, you can open Snip & Sketch instantly.
- Now, you can then select the part of the screen you want to take a screenshot of, and the screenshot will be saved on your clipboard.
- Copy the screenshot into an editing software program on your HP computer, then paste the screenshot using the Ctrl + V shortcut. You can then save the screenshot as JPG or PNG.
Screenshot on HP with Windows + Shift + S Keys
The other answer to your query how can I print screen on my HP laptop, is to simultaneously press Windows + Shift + S, and any snap you take will be copied to your clipboard.
In the above blog, we introduced some different methods on how to do print screen on HP laptop. The easiest one is to use the default way to take a screenshot on an HP laptop and desktop computer.