Blood cancer is developed in the bone marrow or the blood cells. Besides, leukemia and lymphoma is a type of blood cancer. Cancer arises due to the growth of abnormal blood cells in the body. They interrupt internal organs severely and cause infections. Majorly the blood cancer cells affect white blood cells. Thus, immediate treatment is needed, and the Cancer hospital in India offers various treatment options for the same. The experts will treat either through surgeries or therapies.
Besides, blood cancer is revealed in the primary stage. Usually, the patient encounters fever, night sweats, coughing, and shortness of breath.
Types of Blood Cancer:-
Before moving for the treatment, it is essential to know which kind of cancer you may encounter. The doctor will diagnose the condition depending upon the tests and symptoms. However, the following are the types of blood cancers:
- Myeloma: Myeloma is developed in the plasma cells and white blood cells. These blood cells produce antibodies to fight various diseases. Unfortunately, it creates a blockage in the average production of antibodies. Thus, myeloma develops weakness in your immune system and increases the cancerous cells in your body.
- Lymphoma: Lymphoma cancer is developed in the lymphatic system. Besides, lymphocytes are a type of blood cell which helps the body to fight against infection. The irregular growth of lymphocytes accumulates and creates lymph nodes and other tissues. These lymph nodes are nothing but a mass of cancerous cells.
- Leukemia: The leukemia is developed in the bone marrow and affects white blood cells. The abnormal growth of cells interrupts the bone marrow’s ability to create blood cells. In addition, the cells also hamper the processing of platelets in the body.
Therapy Options for Blood Cancer
The health experts at Cancer hospital in India will diagnose the condition in the initial stage of the treatment. Besides, therapies are proficient treatment options to treat blood cancer. Following are the therapies you can expect:
- Chemotherapy: Health experts use drugs to kill the cancerous cells in the body. The cells can severely damage internal organs. Thus chemotherapy helps in killing the DNA of the cells. Many oncologists prefer chemotherapy for treating cancer.
- Radiation therapy: In radiation therapy, there are high-powered energy beams such as X-rays or protons. The external beam radiation is applied outside or inside of your body. It is proficient in killing cancerous cells.
- Immunotherapy: In immunotherapy, the doctor will provide certain drugs to increase your immune system. Patients with low immunity are given immunotherapy.
- Hormone therapy: hormone therapy is primarily given to a patient who has unbalanced hormones.
- Cryoablation: Cryoablation is a unique treatment to kill cancer cells with colds. A thin needle is inserted in the skin, which directly accesses the cancerous tumor. Then, a gas is injected into the pump, and the tissues are frozen.
- Radiofrequency ablation: The doctors use this technique to heat cancer cells so that they are eradicated.
Surgery for Blood Cancer
Blood cancer has minimal surgery options as primary cancerous cells are treated with therapies. However, surgeries are the best treatment to beat cancer. Following are the surgeries options you can expect:
- Lymph node biopsy- Lymphoma cancer is treated with lymph node biopsy. During the surgery, the oncologist will remove lymph nodes causing cancer. Then, the expert will send the lymph nodes for examination under the microscope.
- Bone marrow transplantation– Major blood cancer arises in the bone marrow. Therefore, bone marrow transplantation becomes necessary to treat blood cancer. The oncologist will inject stem cells into a vein that stimulates healthy red blood cells. In addition, stem cells develop blood cells and platelets.
- Splenectomy– The splenectomy is the treatment for leukemia and blood cancer. Oncologists prefer this technique to treat leukemia. Besides, leukemia is majorly encountered in children. Thus, splenectomy is the surgical removal of the spleen and helps relieve the symptoms of blood cancer.
Cancer hospitals in India offer various treatment options, including lymph node biopsy, splenectomy, and bone marrow transplantation.
Can blood cancer be cured completely?
The type of treatment and stage of cancer decides whether it is entirely curable or not. For example, blood cancer is highly treatable if the patient is given proper therapies, medication, and follow check-ups.
Blood cancer is curable to the extent that it doesn’t increase and affects internal organs. Besides, it can also happen that cancerous cells are regenerated. Thus, a routine check-up in an interval is necessary. The treatments for all types of blood cancer are vastly improved in the medical sector.
In many cases, blood cancer has been cured completely. However, there are various deciding factors for the same.
How is blood cancer diagnosed?
- The health expert will suggest running a few tests to diagnose the blood cancer. For leukemia, the doctor will recommend a blood test to determine complete blood count. The report shows total red blood cells, platelets, and white blood cells.
- Lymphoma cancer is determined through a series of medical tests. The tests include X-ray, CT scan, PET scan. It helps find the swollen lymph nodes. The doctor may also run a biopsy to remove the small tissues.
- Myeloma is also a type of blood cancer. Therefore, the doctor will suggest taking X-rays, MRIs, PET scans, CT scans, etc. Besides, the experts will also recommend blood or urine tests for the same. In some cases, a bone marrow biopsy is also helpful to detect blood cancer.
Blood cancer is not revealed visible; the symptoms are usually confusing between leukemia and lymphoma. Thus, Cancer hospitals in India offer proper treatment for the same. Cancerous cells impact other internal organs. It severely damages the immune system and hormones in the body. Hence, it is essential to do a routine check-up once in a while. Adding fruits, vegetables, nutrients, and vitamins to the diet are beneficial for health.
Treatment for blood cancer can be challenging. However, on Credihealth, you get the best treatment guidelines for your condition. In case if you wish to have a second opinion on the blood cancer condition, call on +91 8010-994-994. In addition, you can book an online consultation with the doctors present at the hospital.